Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Superhero Traction

Woke up this morning to 18 degree temps and want to complain about the cold weather but with subfreezing nights comes something a little sweet. Enter Superhero Traction. The singletrack freezes and gets that tackiness and crunchiness somewhere between crusty shag carpet and that sweet top layer of creme brulee. I have heard this affectionately called Superhero Traction from others. You'll know you have perfect conditions for this phenomenon when you come flying into a crunchy corner and somehow pin it when at speeds that should not be possible (at lest not possible for my skill level). That sting on your face may be the cold air slapping the only part of your body uncovered and unprotected or it might also be the smile on your face after experiencing Superhero Traction. Ride on!!

3 comments:

joe york said...

It's about time! I hope yours stays cricket free unlike my own!

Kevin said...

I like crunchy!

MRussell said...

It was 17 degrees on my ride to work, thanks for the gloves. No crunchies for me on the way to work... W