Thursday, December 13, 2007

CX Finals.. Ouch



You know that old saying that pain is temporary and glory is permanent or something else along those lines. Well, yeah I did the VA State CX Series Final race this past Sunday and felt a lot of temporary pain, and didn't get much glory along with it. I take that back I had fun and that is all the glory I need. I raced the "C" class and felt that I ended up fairly respectable in 12th out of 22ish or so, but man did it hurt.







I was off the start in the top 5ish I believe and after only a lap and a half felt like I didn't have any power in my legs. The "C" class race is only 30minutes so I tryed to fight to stay where I was, but people started passing me pretty fast and before I knew it there wasn't anyone behind me. That was when I realized OMG I am in a lot of pain. Well long story short is that I should have probably ate a little more that morning and tipped back the Rouge Dead Guy Ale a little less the night before.


I have to give big props to the others from Staunton. Mr. Russell had a strong finish in the 35+ group ending the series in second place. Billy also finished really strong and ended the series in the 45+ group in 4th place. Young gun Patrick McKeegen blew away the juniors in the series and also placed third in the C class series. The top points man and woman walked away with a beautiful Alan Cyclocross frame and the man happened to be Staunton's own Patrick Mckeegen. Cheers!! Patrick on a job well done.


Yeah it hurt really bad, but I'll be back out on the cyclocross bike again.

No comments: