Monday, December 17, 2007

ICE ON THE MOUNTAIN

Yesterday I had RSVP'd to ride over the mountain with a group at the Tevan'trails but figured it was going to be a real mudfest. I also didn't want to risk driving over the mtn to C'ville and find that everyone else had thought to also not ride, so I bailed on the ride. I got an email later that the ride did happen as planned even with the wetness. The C'ville guys are having a winter training series (http://cambc.org/boards/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=cffc31e543b7e354d86e2d3ef43cd3b2) and this ride was a big points ride so I guess everyone needed the points for the series and rode to try to get the win.



I ended up heading west in stead and without a bike. I took the four legged friends and we hiked up to Elliots knob. It was a really cool hike. The storm that came through iced the heck out of the mountain. The higher I climbed the more ice there was on the trees and to top that off the wind was blowing like something feirce. It was an exciting hike because each time the wind blew I had to turn away from the wind to protect my face from the pelting ice coming off of trees. Also twice large tree limbs fell quite close to me and the pups.



No comments: