Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Itching to ride

I posted the regular Staunton group rides on Queen City Cycling Club's message board forum today and am itching to get out on some good group rides starting next week. The Thursday faster ride turned out to be a great ride last year and hopefully we'll get everyone back that rode last year plus some new people. I am really looking forward to both rides and know that everyone will beat me up for the first few rides before I get back into a little shape.

The route of the Thursday ride will not change this year and we'll do the same route each week. Last year I thought doing the same route every Thursday would eventually get old, but I found myself looking forward to it every week and it was nice to know what climbs were ahead on the route so I knew when I could push myself and when I needed to hang on to other peoples wheels. The great turnout made the ride fun each week, and made it interesting when some people sprinted to city limits signs and the tops of some of the climbs. I'll probably be hanging on to the back as much as I did last year, but hopefully I look real fast while doing it with my new road rig.

See all you guys out there!!!!

No comments: