Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WHAT'S GOING ON!!!


Been a little while since I was on here so here is what has been happening.


  • The whole family was in town last week from SC staying at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel. My Sister, Nephew, Mother, Father, and Grandmother were all here hanging out and we got a chance to eat at Baja, The Split banana, and The Bistro while they were here so I had a little riding to do to make it back in shape after they left. They got back to SC Thursday night safely with my dad taking my truck back home with him.

  • Thursday and Friday I finally starting to get over the hacking cough that I had had for like two weeks that seemed like two months. I apologize to anyone that came in the shop and got coughed on or near by me.

  • Thursday evening I skipped the Thursday fast ride (still recovering from cough) and headed out to McDonough Toyota to pick up my new wheels. A black Scion XB. Friday morning I started setting up the Thule and Rocky Mounts racks to fit my new baby. She is a sexy black beast (see pic below, oh baby!) I drove over the mountain to Blue Mountain Brewery Thursday night to test the new ride and to get a brew and some pizza with Ms. Lindsay Douglas, a new bike owner that actually talked to me again after being hit on in the Bike Shop. Well they stopped serving pizza at the brewery so we settled for a sandwich and a fruit and cheese plate.

  • Sunday we started flagging the new trail corridor at Montgomery Hall Park. The Queen City Cycling Club is doing a joint project with Patrick McKeegan's Eagle Scout Project to add additional miles of trail to Montgomery Hall Park. We will be there again this Sunday with two separate teams working. One flagging where the trail will go and one team beginning to clear the trail corridor of brush.

3 comments:

joe york said...

I really like the pimp racks..Maybe I'll get a ride with you to the next race?

MRussell said...

They stopped serving pizza? That was the best thing at the brewery. Besides the beer of course...

MMmmmm Beer.

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride! Like the new wheels!