Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Whetstone Ridge

Mark R and myself Joined up with a crew of guys from CAMBC to ride Whetstone Ridge Sunday. I had a sore throat and felt like my sinuses were bothering me the morning of the ride, but I could not complain that I wasn't 100% because Mark must of came down with a stomach flu that morning and really suffered on the ride. It is a real difficult ride without felling bad, and poor Mr. Russell looked like death was coming. Usually he is up front leading the pace and smashing the climbs, so I could tell something was wrong when he dropped back a little. Unfortunately he either had to finish the ride or camp out deep in GWNF. He finished the ride and I must give him props for it b/c I think I would have laid down and died after the abuse of all the hike-a-bikes combined with a debilitating stomach problem that prevented him from taking in calories on a long ride.



We'll have to do this trail again when Mark is 100% so he can enjoy the ups and downs.



link to info on ride: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4732781


Photo's were taken by Ted Gayle. Thanks Ted


1 comment:

MRussell said...

Soon brother Soon.